Transforming Communities Together
Download here tc-news the Oct/Nov 2016 newsletter from:
More information on the HJ Homelessness Event in Hull, and other HJ news
Revd Dr Mark Clavier, Acting Principal of St Michael’s College, Cardiff.
On Day 2 we started with a Eucharist at St John the Baptist Church and were welcomed by Rev’d Canon Dr Sarah Rowland Jones and then heard from the founder of the Women Seeking Sanctuary Action Group, a Cameroonian refugee Constance Nzeneu, and then from Jonathan Cox about Cardiff Citizens.
Richard has a passion for rurality – and finds this means pushing boundaries and working outside the box, with farmers, farming unions, charities and very small rural communities, pub ministry.
Rt Rev’d John Davies, Bishop of Swansea and Brecon gave the keynote address and brought our attention to the challenge of Archbishop William temple.
Continue reading Rt Rev’d John Davies
Promoting Responsible Credit and Saving July 2014 Newsletter
Murston ‘Community Bank’
A recently retired couple with banking experience, a generous gift from a local builder and the prayers and determination of a small congregation have been the key ingredients in the launch of Murston Community Bank. …
In June Westminster Abbey hosted a celebration of 50 years of credit unions in Great Britain …
I haven’t been involved in a poverty hearing but I was heavily involved in the work of the Cumbria Welfare Reform Commission, looking into the impacts of welfare reform, including several days of hearings in the first few months of 2014. The Commission was chaired by Rt Rev James Newcome, Bishop of Carlisle, and I was a member of the support team.
Thanks and best wishes,
Social Responsibility Development Officer, Churches Together in Cumbria
Is there any chance that you could remind SROs about the Diocese of Jerusalem’s appeal for the Al Ahli Arab Hospital in Gaza. Individuals, parishes and dioceses can contribute to the appeal by giving via the Jerusalem and Middle East Church Association website. The hospital is doing some amazing work in very difficult circumstances. They need our continued prayers and financial support. The appeal is a good way for people to channel their anger and helplessness into something positive and constructive. http://www.jmeca.org.uk/work-we-support/featured-projects/al-ahli-hospital-appeal-2014
Dr Charles Reed
Foreign Policy Advisor, Mission and Pastoral Affairs
Promoting Responsible Credit and Saving
This edition includes:
- Murston ‘Community Bank’
- In a recent speech to the Credit Union Foundation Archbishop Justin Welby reflected on the Church’s activity to support credit unions
- In June Westminster Abbey hosted a celebration of 50 years of credit unions in Great Britain.
- 70 people gathered in Birmingham to hear about the work of the Archbishop’s Task Group and the Church Credit Champions Network,
- Payday Lending; Fixing a Broken Market is a new report from The Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
- The Financial Conduct Authority has recently issued new regulations for the consumer credit market
- ‘We need a union of the streets’ is a song and music video produced by Charles Bailey and featuring rapper Question Musiq.
If you are having problems reading this e-mail please click here