I’ve just watched the short version – well worth 3 minutes of anyone’s time! (will check out the longer one later)
Do please pass this on to anyone else who might be interested
If you think that any of our SRN colleagues might be interested please could you forward this on to them.
Hot from the premier!!
14 min version: http://youtu.be/hwGfeOsAw1I
3 min version: http://youtu.be/Te6h4aM4cKI
Kind regards, Debbie
Head of Mission and Ministry
Tel: 07435 971910
Mission and Ministry Department
Church House, 90 Deansgate, Manchester M3 2GH
Promoting Responsible Credit and Saving July 2014 Newsletter
Murston ‘Community Bank’
A recently retired couple with banking experience, a generous gift from a local builder and the prayers and determination of a small congregation have been the key ingredients in the launch of Murston Community Bank. …
In June Westminster Abbey hosted a celebration of 50 years of credit unions in Great Britain …
Promoting Responsible Credit and Saving
This edition includes:
- Murston ‘Community Bank’
- In a recent speech to the Credit Union Foundation Archbishop Justin Welby reflected on the Church’s activity to support credit unions
- In June Westminster Abbey hosted a celebration of 50 years of credit unions in Great Britain.
- 70 people gathered in Birmingham to hear about the work of the Archbishop’s Task Group and the Church Credit Champions Network,
- Payday Lending; Fixing a Broken Market is a new report from The Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
- The Financial Conduct Authority has recently issued new regulations for the consumer credit market
- ‘We need a union of the streets’ is a song and music video produced by Charles Bailey and featuring rapper Question Musiq.
Welcome to our regular e-mail update on the Archbishop of Canterbury’s initiative to promote credit unions and other sources of responsible credit and savings.
Please forward this to anyone who might be interested, or respond on Twitter using the hashtag #goodcredit
We are conscious that many churches are already involved in supporting credit unions and tackling debt in their community. Please keep us in touch with what is happening in your area.
Thank you for your interest.
Polly Taylor, Task Group Co-ordinator, Mission & Public Affairs, Church of England
Read the full article at http://charityemail.org.uk/244X-2AD2U-59F8WF0L59/cr.aspx