Revd Dr Mark Clavier, Acting Principal of St Michael’s College, Cardiff.
In the afternoon we visited Cardiff Bay and the Senedd (Welsh Assembly) Building … well we can’t work hard all the time!
On Day 2 we started with a Eucharist at St John the Baptist Church and were welcomed by Rev’d Canon Dr Sarah Rowland Jones and then heard from the founder of the Women Seeking Sanctuary Action Group, a Cameroonian refugee Constance Nzeneu, and then from Jonathan Cox about Cardiff Citizens.
John is the Father of a severely autistic child and his reflections on social action have come from this experience (see the national autism website www.autism.org.uk) Continue reading Rev’d Dr John Gillibrand – Disability
Rt Rev’d John Davies, Bishop of Swansea and Brecon gave the keynote address and brought our attention to the challenge of Archbishop William temple.
Continue reading Rt Rev’d John Davies
Attached (IAWN Newsletter August 2014) the most recent International Anglican Women’s Network newsletter, which includes various articles of interest, including pieces on:
- a recent African Anglican women leaders’ meeting
- the Anglican Communion’s appointment of Terrie Robinson as Director for Women in Church and Society
- the recent Church of England Synod vote
- Sri Lankan Anglicans’ perspectives on the Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict and on interfaith work
- how Anglicans in the UK and Pakistan are working to end violence against women and girls
As noted below, the next edition is going to focus on human trafficking, and the editor, Elaine Cameron, welcomes suggestions for contributions.
Please do circulate this to your networks and anyone who might be interested.
All best wishes,